Saturday, July 13, 2019

Need a Puppy Fix? I Have a Place To Do That: The Estate Takes on Alaska

Copyright 2019, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

July 12, 2019

By the way we drove 201 miles yesterday. 

It’s 1:23 here and we had breakfast ??  Lol. Made a huge mess in The Estate. And, yes, we cleaned up said mess. Did some research. And?  So far. That’s it. 

I did call a local cemetery office and the lady answered my questions, no memorial marker. So sad.  Our distant cousin was almost 102 years old. But she is buried beside her daughter.  RIP Vida.  

Since the weather was grey there be no mountain viewing, we decided to go see the Iditarod Headquarters. I got my puppy fix. There were no puppies at Denali, but there were puppies here at the Iditarod Headquarters.  And, they encourage people to hold them, to socialize them.  I was happy to oblige that request.






The Headquarters also had an informative film which we watched. Some great photos all over the walls, all the winners.  A number of them won multiple times, including Susan Butcher, who won 4 different years. The registration for the 2020 race has already begun, currently there are 42 teams, most from Alaska and Canada, but, I also spotted a gentleman from Italy, and a  lady from Denmark.

Then a late lunch at Red Robin. 

Then. Lo and behold. Blue ski.  A peak anyway.  

Did the laundry, and kept watching for the mountains to reveal themselves.  I did see some snow up there, the clouds moved back in, but there for a few minutes, I could see! 


.

No comments: