Monday, December 22, 2014

Blog Caroling, Little Drummer Boy, Sung By John Denver, Year Four

Copyright 2014, CABS for Reflections From the Fence


Tis time for Footnote Maven's Blog Caroling.  This is the fourth year in a row, and the same song talks to me each year.  So, for the fourth time, without further ado:

Just call me a child at heart, one of my favorite holiday songs has always been "The Little Drummer Boy", it really tugs at my heart.   In 1968 Rankin/Bass Productions released the animated television version of the story of the song.  I don't remember watching it back in 1968, but, by the 70's I had young children and this was one of the several holiday stories we found ourselves watching just about every single year.  Ya, I almost always teared up, sappy Carol.  I loved the story, I loved the animation, I loved the song.

When I went searching for a version on YouTube, I was delighted to find snippets of the original animated version and the song sung by the late John Denver, another one of my favorites.  WIN!!  And, here it is, I hope you enjoy!  The reason for the season.


May the blessings of the season be with you. 

 

 * This video was posted by  YouTube user mistikay.

.

.

No comments: