Saturday, August 31, 2013

Ask yourself 20 times “Who are you?”

Copyright 2013, CABS for Reflections From the Fence


This blog post  is part of my participation in a weekly writing meme called, "The Book of Me, Written By You"  You too can be part of this experiment/experience, there is information at this Facebook page.

I may or may not publicly share what I write each week.  This week I share.

This weeks prompt is a recognized psychology test: Ask yourself 20 times “Who are you?” Each time you should give yourself a different answer, and if you can easily go beyond 20 entries then that is fine too. This prompt is about how YOU see YOU.

Here we go, I am:

1.)  Woman, and all that entails!  You figure it out!  LOL

2.)  Wife, mother, sister, child, grandmother, mother-in-law, family member.

3.)  Lover of antiques and family heirlooms.

4.)  Diabetic, I call it the Demon.  I think it is spot on descriptive.

5.)  RVer!  See # 19 and # 20.



6.)  Family researcher.

7.)  Teller of stories, some true, others???  You be the judge.

8.)  Verbose and one who is frequently accused of being an exaggerator.  Admit readily to verbose.  Not so readily admit to exaggerator, even if it is true.

9.)  Wanna be photographer.   Frustrated artist.

10.) Quiet about my political stands and belief, but, not quiet about my belief in the power of prayer, positive thinking and my Maker.

11.)  Lover of color, bold color is best.  Purple is the bestest of all!

12.)  Lover of yorkshire terriors, yorkies.

13.)  Badger, as in tenacious.   Not a quitter.


14.)  Strong believer in volunteerism, believing strongly in giving back and paying it forward.  (Thank those that volunteer and give it more than 1000%.  Thank them again.)

15.)  Your true blue friend, but, as a personality flaw, don't lie to me, cause, I then I will have trouble continuing being your true blue friend.  Yep, HUGE personality flaw.  I can take the truth, even ugly truth, I don't do lies.

16.)  Lover of techy, hater of techy.



17.)  Sometimes a gardener, must have my house plants with me, even when we travel.

18.)  Crafter, sometimes, sorta.

19.)  Lover of water, ponds, lakes, oceans, waterfalls.  Especially waterfalls.

20.)  Lover of history, small town USA, peanut butter, U.S. National Parks, state parks cross the nation, peanut butter, (ooo, said that one already), libraries, archives.

All this and more, some call me brave and adventurous, but, don't be taking me on a tram, especially the one in Palm Springs California.



 *Photo of badger thanks to Yathin S Krishnappa, Wikipedia page on the American Badger.

**Graphic found somewhere on the internet several years ago, source data long lost.

4 comments:

Joan said...

A badger, heh? Well, tenacious,yes, that I expected. Nice to know you friend.

Carol said...

Ya, a badger. I did a booklet for the county here, years ago, Place names sorta thing.

I asked to curator of the Historical Society museum to proof it for me. He did so, and wrote it up in the newsletter.

He said I was a badger.

It stuck! LOL

And, yes, nice to know you friend!

Professor Dru said...

I love the photos you choose to illustrate your post.

Barbara Poole said...

Nice to meet you Carol. Kidding aside, you hit everything on the nail!