Monday, August 12, 2013

THE Trip, THE Encore' :: WILL Be Back

Copyright 2013, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

I know, I said that last time I posted.  That we are traveling hard, and I am just not up to posting trip posts at this time.  I will be back.  But, in the meantime, this is me in the evenings and in the morning with my cup of German coffee.  (Only I do NOT have red hair!  LOL)


I have been working on cleaning out old email, which of course leads to some more research at some of my favorite web sites, such as Find A Grave and FamilySearch.org.  Each find leads to something else, and something else and  - -  on and on - -

This morning I was introduced to a new to me website, Elephind.com. I am enjoying their search engine, and in fact, I just found something new to me.  See that W. H. Lashbrook, yep, Man's ancestor!  From The Minneapolis journal., June 12, 1902, Page 6, Image 6 (Chronicling America).  Thank you Elephind.



So, we are a little over half way home from Glacier National Park.  We drive a few days, stop a couple of nights, rest, and then drive some more.  We have been able to make quick stops at Theodore Roosevelt National Park, and the Headwaters of the Mississippi River.  Talk about places that are about as different as can be!

Yep, we are still out here trucking around, served up with a side of research.




* Clip art thanks to ClipartHeaven.

No comments: