Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
From the July 14, 1897 issue of the Michigan Messenger published at Adrian, Lenawee County, Michigan:
"(from the Tecumseh Herald) Negotiations are pending relative to the starting of an independent telephone line in Tecumseh same as in Adrian. The rates for residences will be $1.00 and business houses $2.00 per month. The corporation is to be known as the Tecumseh Phone Co. and will be composed largely of resident stockholders."
Later in the year we read in the paper of additional fees, although I will admit, I do not totally understand them, but, for the price stated, who cares?? This comes from the November 20, 1897 issue of the same paper:
"The new telephone line between Adrian & Tecumseh has been completed and the exchanges connected. The exceptional rates of 10 cents will prevail."
Yessssmmmm, I want phone service with these kinds of rates!
*Graphic courtesy of cksinfo.com
**Seems rather appropriate to publish this right now, considering the frustrations I am currently having with all things techy!
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...