Monday, November 28, 2011

THE Trip, A Treat, The Morman Tabernacle Choir Performs

Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

As many visitors to Salt Lake City are aware there are daily organ recitals in the Tabernacle.  One day Man met Becky (Kinexxions) and I and we attended one of the recitals. It was, of course, fascinating, and beautiful.


I zoomed with the Sony and got this photo of the organ, truly a beautiful piece of art and sound:


The last day I researched at the Family History Center, June 16, 2011, the choir had a special performance, a dress rehearsal for their Summer Tour of 2011, which covered eight days with performances in Norfolk, Virginia; Washington D.C.; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Chautauqua, New York; and Toronto, Canada.  An interesting little tidbit I found while researching this post was that it took 3 chartered planes, 11 buses, 4 semi trucks full of luggage, and 4 semi trucks that carry equipment, risers, the organ and wardrobe to accommodate the choir, orchestra and all the support staff.

Man and I decided we would try to attend the dress rehearsal, which was free.  F*R*E*E.  Love that word.  We had heard that one ticket for the Summer Tour started at $80.00.  No matter what those tickets cost we were going to get to hear the choir for F*R*E*E, if we could get in line and procure seats.

I had Sony with me and took a few photos, but, honestly, I am not sure I was supposed to, so, I think I will enjoy those photos in the privacy of my own home.  Sorry.

Man and I got into line after a nice dinner and even though there were a few sprinkles, we did not get wet, we visited with some nice folks in line with us and we got into the Tabernacle for the concert.

It was totally F*A*B!!!!

It was a wonderful end to my month of research in Salt Lake City at the research mecca, the Family History Center.



*The disclaimers:  All references to the choir, the Tabernacle, the Family History Center, and any other references I might have mentioned here, are protected by the rights of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I was simply a visitor who enjoyed the choir, the buildings, the library, the research.  Thank you.
.

2 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

I believe anything played at the Tabernacle is great, and I'm glad you enjoyed your evening there. Love their (free) Thursday evening rehearsals for Sunday's service too.

Michelle Goodrum said...

What a fabulous treat!! That is one group I wouldn't mind hearing perform myself.