Wednesday, November 2, 2011

THE Trip, Kodachrome Basin State Park, Part 2

CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Our visit to Kodachrome Basin State Park was on May 16, 2011.

After our hike/walk along the Shakespeare Arch/Sentinel Trail we climbed back into Big Butt and drove around the rest of the park, checking out the campground, of course, and taking in the sedimentary pipes and other spectacular structures.  This park is not as large as some we have visited, but, my, it sure packs a visual punch.


Below, look close, about mid photo, there is a pipe there, look again.  A white pipe tucked in the middle of all that RED!


Below, need to look close on this photo to.  I mean, how stunning the red against the white. And, I do so love the streaks of red in that white, almost making it look like the sand art that our kids and grandkids love to make.


Below, look at this one!  W*O*W!!!


Below, to me, this one looked just like a boot, I am sure it is named - - I just have been unable to determine the name.


I am out of words of awe.  So, enjoy - -




We spent less than 2 full hours in Kodachrome Basin State Park.  Sony, Man and I took about 135 photos in that time.  Have to say, this was a great place to visit on our last full day in the Bryce Utah area.  The red, the formations, the contrasts all filled up my quest and need for spectacular and color, almost to the point of total sensory overload.  I was exhausted!  It was outstanding!



.

1 comment:

Éire Historian said...

Between the gorgeous colours (colors) and the incredible formations, there can be only one word, Extraordinary! Great shots as always Carol!

Cheers,
Jennifer