Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lost - One Quarter of an Obituary, Joseph Pezzulo

Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Some days a gal just has to snoop around a bit, review a web site suggested by others, looking for new tidbits.  Not that I don't have a bucket load of this stuff to type up and link to my data base, but, all typing and linking and no research tends to make Carol a bit snarly.  So, some days, I do what I gotta do, SURF!!

The other day I was snooping around in the Northern New York Historical Newspapers site. I found a few new things, one of which appeared to be the obituary of one Dr. Joseph Pezzulo, I clicked, I waited for the page to load, and then I almost cried.  The entire first column of his obituary was cut in half (lengthwise) during the microfilming process.  Sadly this is not the first time I have seen this.  I probably will not even attempt to find a better copy, primarily because I have been unsuccessful with this type of situation before.


By the way, the other column of the obituary was perfectly fine, it is all there, every word.

Joseph's obituary was published in the Chateaugay Record and Franklin County Democrat, published at Chateaugay, Franklin County, New York on March 5, 1970, Page 1.

Joseph was born on July 7, 1899 in Italy and died February 21, 1970 in Winter Haven Florida according to the parts of his obituary that I can read.  He married on April 11, 1925 Lucille Lashbrook in Saline County Arkansas.  He was reportedly buried on February 24, 1970 in Glens Falls, Warren County, New York.  I have not found a memorial for him on Find A Grave.



.

5 comments:

Éire Historian said...

Sorry you had this happen. I can totally relate; it's very frustrating. Thanks for posting the link to the newspaper site. It's a good one!

Cheers,
Jennifer

Michelle Goodrum said...

Well that's someth!ing I have not run across before.

Kathy Reed said...

This has never happened to me either. I'm surprised. I agree with your sentiment about getting a little SNARLY if I haven't done any research lately.

Nita said...

Carol, It is a small world!!! I was born in Glens Falls, NY. I live only one town away (5 miles) from there now. I wonder if I could find anything out for you from the local library?

Anonymous said...

Getting the wrong film in was very lucky for you! Sometimes these things just happen :-) Jo