Friday, July 1, 2011

THE Trip, The Reverse Ride, Sedona Arizona to I 17

Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

I previously brought you, THE Trip, Sedona Arizona, Red Rock Heaven, with a slide show of about 20 photos I took when we drove from I 17 along 179 west to Sedona. After our visit to Red Rock State Park for a marvelous hike, we drove the reverse route, up to Sedona, taking 179 east to I 17.  The idea was to see the marvelous color, structures, mountains, the entire area from a different angle, and by the way, different lighting.  And, since we are basically on sensory overload, and cannot take it all in during just one ride, we were more than happy to drive it again, in reverse.

I mean, what is NOT to like here, eh??


Takes your breath away, doesn't it??

Below:   I was pleasantly surprised when I found this photo. Look very closely, you will see the Chapel of the Holy Cross, right in the middle of the photo, look closely now, isn't it lovely, fitting in so perfectly.  Stunning, and a lot of luck on my part.  (See me grin??)


And, now, another slide show, the reverse ride, I am sure you will recognize some of these, and forgive me all duplicates, some were taken from different vantage points, and, OK, I cannot help myself, too stunning not to include, 2 or 3 or more times!




I find myself "playing it again and again".  Just cannot get enough of this red rock beauty, even when riding it in reverse.



* Drive was done April 11, 2011
.

6 comments:

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

I can't get enough of those photos! Doesn't it make you wonder about the formation of those rock structures? Scientists tell us things but wouldn't you really like to have a time capsule and a remote so you could fast forward through the process? LOL! Yeah, I know. Too much Sci Fi!

Lori E said...

An amazing area to photograph. The different times of day and night just take your breath away each in their own way.

Myrna said...

I am awestruck again. This area is one of our favorites for this country of ours. Also loved the relaxed artsy/craftsy feeling in Sedona. Of course it was many years ago and has probably changed by now. Myrna

Debbie Blanton McCoy said...

Absolutely beautiful, Carol! I'm so disappointed that I got sick and we didn't get to drive down to Sedona as we had planned. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Barbara Poole said...

Always a joy to look at Sedona, it's one place I'd like to see. Now on my Bucket List.

Anonymous said...

Great photos; although, it seems almost typical in Arizona. I happened across your page trying to solve the "HOURRELZY" question. I was surprised to see you were also from Michigan; I'm from Saginaw, originally, and now live near Phoenix.
I look forward to reading more about your trips; maybe even inspire me to blog more about my trips.