Tuesday, July 5, 2011

THE Trip, Granite Dells, Prescott, Arizona

Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Just 3 days before we were scheduled to leave Camp Verde and head north into National Park heaven, I read a post at Nick's Blog (Gypsy Journal) about Granite Dells and Prescott Arizona.  We had not intended to drive to Prescott, but his post changed our minds.  So, the next morning off we went, to Prescott and points beyond.

We were very glad we went, nice ride over, this very special lake to visit, we enjoyed watching the kayaks peacefully gliding over the lake surface, families picnicking, there was even a family reunion taking place.   If we lived in Prescott I would have a hard time staying away from this gorgeous place.

The photos.  Remember clicking on them opens to a new larger format, click your back button on your browser to return here to Reflections.  Clicking on the two panoramic photos is encouraged!  LOL









Running out of descriptive verbs, so, simply, beautiful!




* Here is a fun web page about Granite Dells, including a bit of missing gold mystery.

**  We visited Granite Dells on April 16, 2011.
.

8 comments:

Becky Wiseman said...

Oooh, I'll have to add that to my growing list of places to visit! Looks like it would be great kayaking. Nice photos!

Susan Clark said...

Spectacular! Added to the AZ bucket list for our next trip there. Love seeing the places we haven't been - yet.

Joan said...

What a great bunch of pics for me to enjoy on this holiday weekend. Absolutely gorgeous --- probably cuz it looks a lot like home!!--eastern Oregon variation.

Linda Gartz said...

Ooh--just gorgeous. Makes me want to hop right into one of those cool blue pools of water.

Greta Koehl said...

What spectacular images - whodathunk that rocks and water could be so beautiful!

Karen said...

Wow... stunning. The water looks so clear!

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

Ok...missed this one earlier but glad I saw it because Prescott is one of those places I'm curious about since both my son and my brother have been there and rave over it. Both said they could live there. I don't believe I have the vocabulary to express how I feel about your pictures above!

KatieB said...

Very nice! I am a Prescottonian and I feel proud you took the time to visit and cover some our our beautiful town. Watson and Willow Lakes are two of my very favorite places and I kayak there often.

I also blog about Prescott at http://www.aboutprescottarizona.com so if you come back be sure to mention it by leaving a comment there.