Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
Located in Grand Canyon Village on the south rim of the Grand Canyon in Grand Canyon National Park is the Grand Canyon Pioneer Cemetery. I was rather surprised at the size and number of burials at the cemetery. There is a Find A Grave entry for the cemetery with 298 interments noted.
I did not have the time nor the storage space on my Sony to photograph all the stones, but, I did wander around a bit, touched beyond words at the spirit of the men and women buried here and the inscriptions. I will just let the stones speak for themselves, and they DO have stories to tell, stories of the park and the wonderful men and women that love it so.
Below, the Harvey Girl and her Trail Blazing Phone Man. They fell in love at the Grand Canyon.
Lost in an airplane accident 1956.
Superintendent of the Park.
Photographer, explorer, author:
23 Years Service in this Park
Lost, a Havasupai cowboy.
* I will run another post on this cemetery, on a future Tombstone Tuesdays.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag
- Reflection's Awards And Memberships
- Splogger-Splatterer, The Award Goes To:
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps