Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
Route 89 north from Sedona goes almost to Flagstaff, it is a 2 lane highway, twisty, curvy, scenic. Driving at speeds ranging from 15 to 55 and taking photos through the windshield and side windows of Big Butt do not make for the best conditions. There are times when there is a lot of glare, and mmm, sometimes, a bug or two on the windshield to try to shoot around. These four photos are just a touch of the flavor, and really don't do justice to the road conditions along 89 north. Note narrow, rock debris near the road, huge towering walls of stone, curves, guardrails close by. If driving a smaller vehicle, this would just be a grand fun drive, however, driving Big Butt along roads like this always adds a bit of "thrill" to the experience.
We did see a few trailers, short trailers, being hauled up and down this road, but, we were happy to left Tana back at the campground! LOL Near the top, the road became more and more curvy, hairpin turns, slow hair pin turns.
It was a beautiful ride! Yes, I still have another post or two about our day trip to Sedona and beyond. Next, the scenery along the way, more red rock and less road! LOL
* Weeks later driving around Bryce Canyon and beyond, made this look like a cake walk or a warm up! LOL
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia