Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
On April 9 and 10, 2011 at Fort Verde State Historic Park they celebrated and honored our soldiers, from the Revolutionary War to the present. On the 9th the weather was rather nasty with rain, wind, and snow on the mountains and in Sedona. Man and I ventured forth on the 10th when the weather was still brisk, but, sunny. We briefly visited the displays for the Gulf Wars, Korea, Revolutionary War, the time of the War of 1812,World War I and I even tried to get some information or mentors from the Civil War re-enactors as I was working on the series about Alfred Darden at that time. Man spent a lot of time with the World War II re-enactors as his father was in the U.S. Army. I'll chat about that in my next post.
As we got to the park late in the afternoon we did not get to spend a lot of time, but, we were there for the closing ceremony, the lowering of the flag. It was performed with dignity and honor and respect.
Thank you to the men that have served and to the reenactors. Well done.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia
- European Union Stuff.