Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
Yesterday morning at o dark thirty, I plied my "I don't do mornings" body out of zzzzz land and headed off to meet Michelle of The Turning of Generations blog. We met up at a local park 'n ride, I jumped in her wheels and off we went to the Family History Society of Arizona Seminar and Annual Meeting at the Arizona Community Church in Tempe.
We were gonna hear Dick (Eastman) speak. Michelle and I were both excited. He presented 3 topics, "Genealogy Searches on Google", "The Organized Genealogist" and "The Latest Technology for the Genealogist".
We all know it, Dick is well spoken and imparts information in a concise and clear manner. He is relaxed on stage, has a bit of a wry wit and it comes forth in his presentations. However, the nice surprise of my first experience hearing Dick in person is the fact that you don't get tired listening to Dick. You know what I am getting at, you go to a presentation, and about half way through those chairs get VERY uncomfy and you start the wiggle worm act. Well, no uncomfy or wiggle worm activity while Dick was speaking. Major accomplishment, not sure how he pulls that off, but, as a one time, some time speaker, I sure wish I knew his secret!
This gal enjoyed the total experience, great friendship and company of Michelle, a well organized, smooth running seminar and hearing Dick speak.
That is a total WIN WIN WIN day!
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia