Tuesday, March 1, 2011

THE Trip, Salvation Mountain, The Tools of Love

Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

While Man and I were staying near Niland, California, we made a day trip to Salvation Mountain. I am not sure what we expected, but, it sure was not what we found!  We ended up spending several hours there taking it all in. Before I show you Salvation Mountain, I thought I would share Leonard Knight's tools with you first.  Leonard is the man responsible, the creative force behind Salvation Mountain.

Paint, most, if not all, of which is donated.
Dried up adobe mud.
Brushes inside one of the rooms in The Museum.
The Museum is an extension of Salvation Mountain, 
photos of which will be on the next post.
An array of tools, awaiting - - 
Leonard.
The next post will introduce you to Salvation Mountain.  My last post on Salvation Mountain will highlight Leonard Knight, in person, a photo essay of the man.  I think when you read those posts you will appreciate, even more, his tools of love.


No comments: