Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Last Sunset at Needles California (For Now) :: Winter Sojourn 2014/15

Copyright 2015, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Tomorrow we move north a bit, not far, just to Kingman Arizona, about 40 miles as the crow flies I think, further as the Jolly and Tana will drive.

It has been a great month here in Needles.  In the last week I took hundreds of sunset photos.  Really.  As I said earlier, I am really going to miss the sunsets here.

Needles is a funny, kinda funky place.  I-40 splits the town in a strange way, at about a 45% angle.  Their history is deeply tied to Route 66.  Our campground is actually ON Route 66.  Yes, I think that is pretty cool.  It is quiet here, sometimes we can hear the trucks running on 40, and now and then, a train that runs parallel but, south(ish) of 40.  Neither bother us in the least.  We are in the back of the campground where there are only a few campsites and some camping cabins.  Yes, we enjoyed the quiet.

Tonight, I made a point of capturing the last sunset we will spend here, at least for a while.  You never know, our wheels may roll here again, but, I had to capture the last sunset.  I took about 90 photos tonight.  Even I was aghast. Here are 13, presented as they were taken, as I spun around and caught about 270 degrees of the 360 I can see from the desert floor.

Good bye to Needles, it has been great.


Looking west.


Immediately spinning and looking north.














The next few look alike, but, if you look closely, they are not.  The color is different, the clouds are a bit different, the zoom varies. I know, but, I could not stop myself!






And, the darkness claims Needles and our stay here is all but over.  One more sleep as they say.  And, we roll.





.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I have loved all your sunset photos, especially when I have not been seeing them at our location! Thank you for sharing them!

Carol said...

It has been MY pleasure Vicki. ALL MINE!

Glad you like and have enjoyed them.

Vicki said...

Ah! Thank you!