Copyright 2013, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
April 15, 2013
After our very enjoyable drive around the 17 Mile Drive at Pebble Beach, we continued south to Carmel By The Sea.
We found one way streets, narrow, not the best place for Jolly, so, we just drove through. To us, Carmel By The Sea is all about the houses and the sea. There were many little bungalows all decked out in gardens, flowers, small, cute, closely placed to each other. No photos of this charming area.
There are beaches for walking, contemplating life or just getting some exercise:
In another area we found much larger homes, such as this one with this unusual curved roof. Those are not shadows, those are curves. I decided to do a bit of a net snoop about this roof and found this page, which indicates Hugh Comstock built one that is similar, and that the roof on the Comstock home is made of cedar shingles that were steam-bent to curve. Well who knew? Not I. Believe that I had Man snap this photo with Jolly stopped in the middle of the street.
Here is another house on another street with a similar roof line:
Turquoise water, bright sun, and Pride of Maderia in the foreground:
Some homes have killer views, and very little lawn to cut:
Another wonderful view, all that turquoise water.
More beaches, wind swept trees. And, I am out of descriptive phrases and terms.
We are not done sight seeing in the area, but, it will be another day that we return and travel from here south to the Big Sur Postoffice.
* I cannot be positive, but suspect that at least one of these trees might be Monterrey Cypress.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...