Thursday, April 19, 2012

Yes, I WILL Go Over The Fence For Cemeteries

Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence


Yes, I had permission.  My grandparents, great grandparents, great great grandparents, great great great grandparents and possibly other greats are buried here.

We also ducked barbed wire and this thin wire that we suspect may have been electrical fence??  We were not going to touch to test it though.

Yep, I WILL go over and under fences to visit a family cemetery.  And, I'll go in a rain storm, stomp through tall weeds and grass (checking for ticks later), in heat, in cold, and a lot more.  I can still manage this, and I'll continue until I cannot.



.

8 comments:

Greta Koehl said...

You go, girl!

Sharon Maison said...

Yahoo!!!

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

I love it! Keep up the good work!

Carrie said...

Oh, that is AWEsome!! What we won't do ...

Carrie @ Not Your Mother’s Genealogy
a.k.a DearMYRTLE’s daughter

Marti said...

Good for you! I'd go over a fence (and have too) to see my relatives graves.

LindaRe said...

A woman got to do what a woman has to do to visit the ancestors' graves.

Renate Yarborough Sanders said...

Wow! Look at YOU! :)

Be careful!

Renate

Carol said...

Thank you all! And, Renate, did you notice how my hands were seriously grasping that top rail?? LOL I was holding on, yes, mam, I was!