Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
After many many years of Christmas in the north country (let that read, cold and frequently snowy country), I have to admit being somewhere warm at this time of the year is a bit different for us, nice and different! The first time I saw holiday decorations hanging from palm trees I shook my head and giggled. Several years later, I am still amused, I love being warm, mind you, but, street decorations next to huge palm trees, well, they do make me smile! LOL
So, I thought I would share a few photos of some of the holiday decorations I have found around Gulf Shores Alabama. BTW, the third photo, was taken right at the city beach in Gulf Shores, just beyond that railing is the sand and the water. The bow was not made of normal ribbon, whatever material it is, it can take a beating. Lots of visitors to the area visit and have their family holiday photos taken with the water and sand and those big bows in the background. The more than life size toy solider has been included cause I think he is just too cute, I mean, don't you just love a man in uniform?
Come to think of it, sand is almost white like snow, if you can get past the palm trees - - ya, I think I can!!
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...