Friday, December 23, 2011

Palms, Sand and Holiday Decorations, I'm Adjusting to The Idea

Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

After many many years of Christmas in the north country (let that read, cold and frequently snowy country), I have to admit being somewhere warm at this time of the year is a bit different for us, nice and different!  The first time I saw holiday decorations hanging from palm trees I shook my head and giggled.  Several years later, I am still amused, I love being warm, mind you, but, street decorations next to huge palm trees, well, they do make me smile!  LOL

So, I thought I would share a few photos of some of the holiday decorations I have found around Gulf Shores Alabama.  BTW, the third photo, was taken right at the city beach in Gulf Shores, just beyond that railing is the sand and the water.  The bow was not made of normal ribbon, whatever material it is, it can take a beating.  Lots of visitors to the area visit and have their family holiday photos taken with the water and sand and those big bows in the background.  The more than life size toy solider has been included cause I think he is just too cute, I mean, don't you just love a man in uniform?







Come to think of it, sand is almost white like snow, if you can get past the palm trees - - ya, I think I can!!



.

3 comments:

PalmsRV said...

Another lovely picture with palms from the Gulf. Thanks Carol!

Barbara Poole said...

Nice to see the area where you now call home, all decked out in Christmas finery.

Debbie Blanton McCoy said...

I think palm trees would be great for Christmas! It's supposed to snow here tonight. UGH! Merry Christmas!!