Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Holding for That Burping Water Pump and The Fix: The Estate Takes on Alaska

Copyright 2019, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

September 15, 2019

Last night I could see the moon.  It was a few hours past full, but, I cannot see any degradation,  You know I took a photo. Only, those electric lines just would not move aside.  


You may remember my last post and my rant about the horrible roads around Joliet Illinois. I mentioned how bad the pot holes were.  How it was a challenge to try to miss most of them.  There were some of those holes that were the entire lane wide.  This morning I opened the cupboard and it seems my dishes were tossed about.  I told ya it was bad!!  Note:  This cupboard is right over the rear axel, it does bounce back there.


It rained all morning.  I took a nap before I ever got up.  

It will be a very slow day for us. The sun will finally burn off most of the grey.  

It’s more rest than anything else today.    

I will do some blog work.  Once we arrive back at the stick built, I doubt there will be much time for blogging.  We have many appointments to schedule, visits with family are at the top of the list.

September 16, 2019

Getting the water burp/leak looked at the Coachmen service center.  Found a connection that was split, it connected to the fresh water tank. They also replaced the water pump.  Note:  The connection did not look this poorly while on the fresh water tank.  LOL  I am guessing to get it off took a bit of destruction??


We were at the center at 7:30,  I have been up since 4 AM. (I know you heard the groans of sleep deprived pain.)  

They loaned us their “van”.  Oh, my.  I remember it from last year.  I must have shrunk or someone managed to muscle the driver’s seat back even more, today I cannot reach the pedals.  The seat does not move, like many other mechanics of this van that just do not function, like the drivers side door lock that is punched out.  Man drives, I fret over the shrinking issue (OK, not really, well, maybe a little.)  We drove into Middlebury and had breakfast at the Village Inn.

We are finished at the service center and back at our campsite by 3ish.  We refill the fresh water tank and start testing.  It took a bit to get all the air out of the lines, and we heard delayed burping due to that air.  We held our breath and kept running the water, finally the burps ceased.  Oh, happy day!

Worked on computer stuff, a summary blog post is in the works and doing backups of posts.  Finished backing up the July posts, now on to August.  By days end I had 12 of those done as well.  

No burping water system. We are doing little hopeful happy dances.  The new pump does sound different. And, we discover the water flow is increased.  But, no burping.  Now, if we don't eventually pop some new leak - - hey, its a realistic possibility, let's be real about it.  So, we happy dance for now - -



.

No comments: