Thursday, October 18, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday :: The $100.00 1938 Hupmobile Loan

Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

In going through Man's mother's papers recently we found a note/chattel mortgage Man's father took out in 1946 for $100.00 to purchase a 1938 Hupmobile,  the engine number, serial number and title number are even on this document.  Oh, and the 1946 license number too!  CJ 4591


Now, you know the researcher types, it did not take me long to go looking for an image of a 1938 Hupmobile, and it did not take me long to find one either!  LOL  So, used with permission of Flickr user Alden Jewell - -



I am in love!!  Let's go shopping!!  That color will be just perfect, thank you!




*  Many thanks to Alden for the permission to use his image.

.

8 comments:

GrannyPam said...

I love that color, too! What a great find.

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

First time I ever heard of a Hupmobile was while looking through Mike's vintage family photos and coming across a photo of one with the name of it written on the back. Had to Google it.

Lynne Carothers said...

Oh yes! RED!

Anonymous said...

Very cool, Carolo - let's go!

FranE said...

Very cool. I agree with Lisa. Had never heard of a Hupmobile.
Do we know how long they lasted?

Barbara Poole said...

My mouth won't close, I'm shocked at the cost. You must be thrilled with all these goodies you're finding. Thanks for sharing with us. Cool car.

Karen said...

Wow, what a beauty!

Dennis said...

Wow. Al's fathers first name was Arthur also. Same as my father's. Hey Al,we're both "works of Art".PDanKo