Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
On April 13, 2012, I shared this death certificate with you, not being able to read the mother, Mary's, maiden name.
I even enlarged the area with her name, for a closer look:
Several readers hazarded some guesses, such as Eamersen? Emerson? Eamiers? or Eanuens.
I revisited that death certificate a couple of times this week, as I really need to link it to John, but, I am reluctant to do so until I figure out his mother's maiden name, I know - - - - I'm funny like that.
Last time I looked at the document, I noted that it said Mary E?????? was born in Princess Anne County Virginia. I know from census work and such that she was born about 1828.
So, I had this brainstorm (well, more like a brain burp, but, whatever - - ) To check the 1830 and 1840 census for Princess Anne County Virginia to see what surnames that begin with "E" might be found. SOOO, I did:
1830 Princess Anne County Virginia:
1840 Princess Anne County Virginia:
Encell (sure looks like Ewell to me)
Erard (Ward, really, looks like Ward)
I am leaning towards Edmonds - - maybe - -
And the search goes on. And, nope, I have NOT found the marriage of Edward Dews and Mary E??????
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia
- European Union Stuff.