Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
Recently due to some new experiences I have had in my research life, I came up with the idea that I should try to search a surname by inputting it into the given name area of search engines.
Well, my my!
On one such experiment, I did get quite a few hits. Two new obituaries were found this way, giving some hints and some additions to the data base.
Be brave, think out of the "search" box. Type that surname in the given name spot. See what happens. You might get lucky, you might not, never know till ya try!
This particular search resulted in 1 data base with 668 hits. I'll be busy for a hour or so.
* The disclaimer, the graphic came from a screen capture I did of the search box at Rootsweb.com. There was no request to review or use this web site. I did so, because it was quick to access. Reflections does not make any $$ off my mention of web sites, products, etc. etc. etc. They own the copy right, I use some of the products, if they are $$ to use, guess who pays that $$, yepper, MAN does! OK, we do, I do, he does, it comes out of our retirement funds. LOL
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag
- Reflection's Awards And Memberships
- Splogger-Splatterer, The Award Goes To:
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments