CABS for Reflections From the Fence
First stop after the Visitors Center at Bryce Canyon National Park was Rainbow Point. Elevation 9123 feet exactly, per our GPS. Like you can trust those things?? It was cold, brisk, and windy. We walked around, and I took way too many photos. Now, did you expect anything else?? Nahhh, I know you didn't.
I was not sure what I thought of the hoodoos. I was amazed at how "soft" and "crumbly" they appeared. In retrospect, we had just left Moab and Arches National Park with all those crisp chiseled formations. Total opposites. The stone here seems to be almost a dark pink instead of the dark red of Moab. The photos tell the story so much better than I. Some of the photos are pretty much of the same view, but taken from different vantage points. I just could not choose!
From Rainbow Point we will drive back down to the Visitors Center, each stop breathtaking.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag
- Reflection's Awards And Memberships
- Splogger-Splatterer, The Award Goes To:
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps