Friday, August 17, 2018

St. Ignace Michigan to Frankenmuth Michigan, The End of THE Trip, THE Encore'

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

AUGUST 17, 2013

Five years to the day, I am presenting the last post of the THE Trip, THE Encore'.  We will have one more day on the road, a 100 mile drive from Frankenmuth to our stick built home in SE Michigan.  This however, was our last "vaca" day, as it was not all about driving, we managed to add a bit of "being a tourist in our own state" into the day/evening.  Yes, it took me 5 years to finish these tour reports. Seems life keeps happening and interfering with my blogging time.  LOL . That's my story and I am sticking to it!  Snicker.

So, we are going to drive from St. Ignace, over the Mackinaw Bridge and south to Frankenmuth where we will stay for the night before the last trudge home.  This day is a 210 mile day.  That will get us to about 100 miles from home.

Here is my trusty iPad, I love knowing where I am supposed to be and where I think I am and where the GPS thinks I am. I use several different mapping apps, one for campgrounds, another for truck friendly situations, several for services available along our routes.  And, yes, I have been known to have them all open at the same time. This shows us as we approach the Big Mac Bridge - - 


This was taken just seconds later, shows the view out the front windshield.


More views as we cross the Big Mac:



There is one of the jet ferries with it's rooster tail:


This is Fort Michilimackinac, a fort and trading post.  You can take tours and we highly recommend them for friends that are history buffs.


No drive through Michigan's farm land would be complete without a few farm photos:



We arrived in Frankenmuth, unhooked and drove to town for a "evening" visit and some "famous" chicken dinner. Here are a few photos taken in early evening:


Chickens everywhere:



The last photo of the trip, flowers, fountain and a bit of the moon up there - - 


Thanks for coming along.  Here is a map, drawn backwards (if you follow the numbers, we started at 65 and ended up at 1!  LOL) . More maps can be found in three pages at the top of this blog.


There is a retrospective of the trip, written in September 2013 here.  I posted 288 posts to cover this trip, and that is IF I managed to label each and every one and did not muss that labeling stuff up.  Oh, ya, I am pretty sure I missed a label or two.   LOL




.

No comments: