Sunday, August 19, 2018

Organ Mountains At Sunset, With a Side of Roadrunner Trash Art, Winter Sojourn 2014/15

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

November 2014

I posted about 50 posts from our Winter Sojurn trip of 2014/15 during that trip.  I will now fill in the gaps of posts I wanted and intended to do, but, you know, time and energy restraints forbid such.  Besides, if I have a choice of going to see something new or rolling vs blogging, well, new and rolling win, despite the fact that I do enjoy my blogging.

Without further ado - - in November of 14 we found ourselves back in Las Cruses New Mexico.  One evening we revisited the rest stop on I 10 for a sunset and to visit the Recycled Roadrunner there.  We were unaware the roadrunner had been removed from the rest stop for some years.  Refurbished - it's back!!

First the sunset.  I chose to do no editing to these photos, color or otherwise.  These are right out of the camera.  Focus while hand holding with darkness setting in is questionable at best.  These are admittedly, not the sharpest, cleanest photos ever taken.  That said, we do love the Organ Mountains.  The color in this first photo is the tail end of the alpenglow effect.


See how, now the mountains are not glowing?


Almost like a horizontal rainbow, isn't it?


Handheld gone wrong/right.  I sorta like it:


ANDDDDD, here is the roadrunner:


The stand is new:


Zoom, what can we see?  Crutches, computer keyboards, something on his underbelly that makes me think "skid plate", lots and lots of shoes, some golf clubs.  What else do you see?


If you look hard at his head feathers you may see forks and a wisk.  


Horses, trains, dinosaurs, and more electronics.  Maybe refrigerator cooling parts?


Long rest the Cannon, the video camera and the game machine.:


Some "do overs" are well worth the effort and are a lot of fun, this one was.




.

No comments: