Sunday, August 12, 2018

Duluth Minnesota to Ishpeming Michigan

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

AUGUST 2013

The final days of our grand tour.  There will be four more days of travel and one very pleasant stop for a few nights.  We pull out of our campsite in Duluth and head for the "border".


Before we cross the bridge to Wisconsin I manage to zoom and capture a freighter.  Yes, large!  I can only imagine "parking" that baby!  Take that from the perspective that I cannot parallel park a car!   LOL


Within minutes of leaving the campground we are in Wisconsin, look hard in the center of the photo, "Wisconsin Welcomes You":


Near Ashland Wisconsin, been a better photo if I had managed to get from the front view, eh??  LOL


We took a short break near Bayview Park in Ashland, this share thanks to Sony and zooming:


Looking out at Lake Superior from Bayview Park, Ashland, Wisconsin:


We have driven through Wisconsin a few times, my outstanding memory is of the silos:


Our second "border crossing" of the day, welcome to Pure Michigan, for the record, I feel that is such a silly PR mess that began in 2008. Call me old fashioned or accuse me of holding on to the "way it was", but, I still prefer the "Great Lakes State".  Yes, I went on a brief research tangent.  We were still the Great Lakes State in 2004 when our quarter was minted!  LOL


I'll fess up, I have no idea.  LOL


See the red in the trees, fall color starting to pop, on AUGUST 13th!!  I am not sure if it was stress as sometimes happens if it is too dry or it was just early, or maybe just on time this far north, but, I was a bit surprised.  I did not see a large amount of trees "turning", but, enough that I paid attention.


Our drive today was about 240 miles.




.

No comments: