Thursday, August 30, 2018

On to Deming, Texas Canyon Rest Stop, Winter Sojourn 2014-15

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

DECEMBER 2014

We leave Deming and drive west, next stop Benson Arizona, it is a run of about 170 miles.

When we roll I take photos, sometimes epic amounts, other times, just a few.  Sometimes I take photos in such a hurry I have no idea if I have a total blur or what I hoped for.  Sometimes I take them to challenge my ability to capture anything at 65 MHP with Sony on zoom.  I delete the really crummy photos.  Here are a few I managed to salvage, and yes, most of them were digitally edited a bit. Taking photos through Jolly tinted windows changes the color and sometimes results in a lot of haze, I play with the photos while preparing to post.  Cause I can.  LOL

Heading west - -


Sony and GPS and Google tell me this is near Steins New Mexico:


I'll admit, all that rust intrigues my artist/history/researcher soul.  So, have a read here.  You will note in this photo there is a dude in a orange top and a white pick up truck.  Nope, I have no idea why - -


I took quite a few photos of the mountain top and the cloud covering it.


And, of course, a LONG LONG train.  So many LONG LONG trains out here. And, this one has a mountain with a cloud hat - -


Each time we drive this section of highway we stop at the Texas Canyon Rest Stop, these photos will show you why.  The shapes, the shapes.




Let's go panoramic:


And, because it is a rest stop on both sides, east and west bound, Sony zooms on the east bound scenery:



And, again, panoramic:


We will spend a few days in Benson, will visit Tombstone and Bisbee while there, favorite tourists spots.  Then, it will be on to Tucson for the holidays.




.

No comments: