Monday, August 27, 2018

Silver City New Mexico, Winter Sojourn 2014-14

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

DECEMBER 2014

We spent a delightful day visiting Silver City and other points between Deming and Silver City.  I'll need more than one blog post as I took close to 200 photos and while previewing, I realized that I had too many for one post, so, let's get started shall we?

We arrived in Silver City and parked at the visitors center, we would walk the rest of our visit while parked here.


We crossed "The Big Ditch".  Many photo ops:


The teal, the teal - -


We are discovering this is a city of art, and I am loving it!!


Like this gate - -


And, let Sony do the zoom!  Yes, glass shards in the fence header/top.  This reminds me of our days in Morocco.  A world away, and yet not.


Yes, we are fans of murals too:


On the walls outside a personal residence I believe (if I remember correctly almost 5 years later.) . Loving the colors, especially the purple, of course, you know that.


Again, on an outside wall:


Seriously, what's NOT to love?  Ya, would have been better if the cars had not been parked there.  We shall forgive them tho.


It was December 1st, fall weather and colors abound.  I could sit here for a long time.


Back near the visitors center.  Ron Howard gifted this 1870's era log cabin, you know when Billy the Kid lived very close to this spot.  See the movie "The Missing", 2003.


The interior, 3 shots:




While visiting Silver City we had a nice lunch in a local bar, I do believe an adult beverage may have been included?  Then we went for a wonderful ride.  Stay tuned - -




.

No comments: