Sunday, February 25, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 8: "Heirloom"

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

This week's post as part of my participation in Amy Johnson Crow's 2018 version of the 52 Ancestors meme.  Week 8. "Heirloom".

The prompt for week 8 is:  Is there a special item that's been passed down in your family?

My favorite heirloom probably is the Whitmer Family Cradle.  Since I have blogged about it a few times, I'll just drop this link here, and you can go see for yourself.

So, for this week's prompt, I decided to focus on another favorite, the pot belly stove from the David Halterman farm.  I recovered it from the "chicken coop" wayyyy  up the hill at the farm.  Then, I discovered I have also written about that once, here.  

SOOOO, here are photos, first the stove:


And, the cradle (yes, that is Moi as a small person):


These "personal care items" belonged to Ida and David Halterman, and you can tell, these were NOT for show.  (wink, wink) .   And, the prior link, again, here on Reflections.


This bottle collection came from Minnie Halterman Trumbo, and I was told the bottles were from her own collection and from bottles from her parents, Ida and David Halterman, another one of my special heirlooms.  Yep, blogged these before as well


I have been blessed by having been granted the care of many of the family heirlooms.  I have written about them many times here on Reflections, and will continue to do so, I want my descendants to know about all this "old" stuff I own.

Even tho my favs have already been discussed here on Reflections a few times, I have enjoyed revisiting the posts and sharing with you, my readers, once again.



#52ancestors

.

No comments: