Thursday, May 17, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday :: Leaves of a Different Kind

Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

As we continue to sort through Man's Mother's goodies, we continue to turn up some interesting tidbits, like

Lather Leaves:



There are 23 leaves in this packet, at least one was used.  I did a short Google search, sure did not find much. The image results I found during my search showed different covers, obviously aimed at different markets (one was for fishermen).  I checked Google Books, and could only look at a snippet view.  I looked at that snippet and it seemed to indicate a possible patent number, so next I went on a patent search with that number and with a word search of "lather leaves" and even added in the year (1943).  So far, I am still searching.

If you know anything more about Lather Leaves, I would love hearing from you.



.

2 comments:

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

Well isn't THAT cool! I'd love to know more too. Whether it's Genealogy or "Junk", I LOVE treasure hunting!

Joan said...

doncha just love what keeps us entertained ---and the headlong trip into the patents --- boyoboy, I can see my self right along side you.