Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
From Man's mother's collection, was sitting on shelving above her sewing machine. Appears to be hand made (from the stitching on the back side where it was closed after the stuffing was added). The fabric top is a velvet(ine) type, color is black. The fabric back appears to be a cotton fabric and is a shade of green. Stuffing reminds me of horsehair furniture, a stiff, non-flexible material. I did find a small 1/4 tear in the top and discovered it was stuffed with finely shaved wood, maybe cedar?? No year indicated. Measures 5 inches by 5 inches.
Man does not remember giving it to her, so, possibly could be one of his grandmothers.
As well documented as 90% of Millie's belongings were, there still are some items that we cannot remember, or she never told us.
*I have not had the opportunity to do any research on this item, if you have any information about it, date, materials, anything, I would love to hear from you. Thanks.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag
- Reflection's Awards And Memberships
- Splogger-Splatterer, The Award Goes To:
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps