Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
Earlier today I posted about Dorohy Agnes Butts, it is her birthday. I noted that even tho I had a photo of her headstone, I had no death date.
So, I decided early today to go find a phone number for the cemetery and call them. And, I started going there - - and yes, I got sidetracked - - and now I have 289 pages of old handwriting to plow through.
home page and found this little jewel. Seems that Journal 1 with the earliest records came home to McHenry recently. According to the web page, "In 2010, the original leather-bound first volume of the McHenry County Commissioners’ Court Minutes resurfaced ..."
So, they have scanned the entire thing, which you can open, and I saved to my hard drive, two large wonderful files.
Seeing that Man's 3rd great grandfather was known to be in McHenry County by 1843, I cannot wait to delve in.
289 pages written in old handwriting, oh, ya.
And, I still have not found that phone number - - - - Sorry Dorothy, you are gonna have to wait a bit longer - - - - but thank you so much for the lead!
*Graphic courtesy of McHenry County web site.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag
- Reflection's Awards And Memberships
- Splogger-Splatterer, The Award Goes To:
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps