Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
Recently, Diane (our non-blogging Wild One) and I chatted a few minutes about organizing photos or scanned documents you want to link to your data base. This is not a high priority in Diane’s research life, so she has not really done much. On the other hand, I, have, mmmm, almost afraid to type this number, almost 7, 750 multimedia (photos, videos, documents, maps, sound bites, etc.) attached to individuals on my data base (maintained by RootsMagic 3.x). Anne and Karen have many more than I do, linking wild one ladies!
There is no doubt you need an organization plan, you need to be able to find those photos. Here is my master plan.
Photos are NOT buried inside the RM program on my hard drive, they are instead, stored in a separate directory, mine is called, “Family History Photos”. Isn’t that original?? LOL
I have found that I prefer not to have a lot of photos in one directory. I used to let the files grow and grow, and have one that has over 700 photos in it. TOOOOOO many! I am happier with 200, but that is a personal preference.
Remember, organize the way your logic works, and what works for me may not work for you. The challenge is that you need to be able to find the files. Have fun, organization is a great thing!
*Graphic courtesy of clker.com
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia