Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Let It Rain, Taking Advantage of a Bad Weather Day: The Estate Takes on Alaska

Copyright 2019, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

June 12, 2019

Over 16 hours of straight rain. 

So after a late wake up. A coffee for me. Don’t ask about how I can fill the cup when I take it out of the cupboard and put it right back in. Sigh. 

We have discovered some more tweaks and such that we want to get done.  When my brain engaged I mentioned to Man that we could do those tweaks while we try to wait out the rain. I dunno a boat ride in the rain? Not totally appealing. 

While I am working on one of my tweaks I think I find tweety bird. Or one of the birds.  Here is Man doing in this "bird".  Tweet no more.


Then we manage to get the air conditioner and the furnace running at the same time. Lol. We are like  a bunch of newbies. I’m standing at the sink, my upper body feels quite chilled from the air conditioner. Bottom half feeling the warmth of the furnace.  I ask Man. Is furnace on?  Nope he swears as he is caulking the shower.  I am getting more warmth on the legs. I finally find the heater vent. Heaters blasting away. You just have to laugh.  

Onward to the next tweaks. It’s 12:15 and still pouring rain. 


We raided the frig for lunch. Needed to eat up the leftovers. We gave it the college try.  Yummy.  

Worked on those tweaks most of the afternoon. Most accomplished.  Double Bubble Reflective insulation.  Keeps out the heat and the hours and hours of daylight when we get to Alaska.  The daylight won't bother me one bit, but, Man likes to sleep in the dark!  He also has a mask for his eyes, in case - - 


Rain continues, a drip or two and then it pours. Repeat for almost 24 hours. 

And we have trains.  We love trains as long as they are not shaking the rig. Ya been there. Done that. Not a good day that one!   Lol.  But overall we don’t mind trains. Choo choo.  


.

No comments: