Thursday, July 12, 2018

Theodore Roosevelt National Park, South, Medora, North Dakota, Part 2

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

AUGUST 2013

Let's continue our drive around Theodore Roosevelt National Park, the south portion.  Yes, there are more geological wonders, and some critters.


And, look what we have here, a coyote, I do believe.  He/she was a long ways off, and Sony's zoom was put to the challenge.  I tweaked the color a bit with Photoshop Elements, I do not represent that the colors are correct.  All that said, this one looks much healthier than the one I saw in Glacier a week or so ago.


Flora, always welcome, reminding me of a small sunflower, I don't know, off hand, the true name of this:


This panoramic was taken at Buck Hill Trail.  A bit off the scenic loop, but, so worthy of our time.


And, we have RED!!!


And, we have more wild horses:



I loved the unique shape of this, especially the top, it looks like sculpture.


And, deer, thanks to Sony and zooming to the max, again, the photo lacks clarity and sharpness, but, we have a deer!  And, it is zoomed. 


We see these now and then in the parks, on hikes, etc.  They fascinate me.  I believe they are a form of survey markers, also called survey marks, survey monuments, or geodetic marks.


Love the colors, muted, stunning, like they have been painted.  This was near an area called the Badlands Overlook


This was about half way between the Badlands Overlook and Scoria Point Overlook.


So much going on here, red, shapes, different layers of some kind of sediment. My soul sings.


Our drive on the scenic loop is almost completed, and once more those ole prairie dogs warrant some Sony time.


I mean, what's not to love about that innocent sweet face?  Ya, I know.  Some consider them to be bothersome.  I get it, and I fully understand.  But --- 


The next day we head east again.  But, the trip is not quite over, and we have a few more things to click off the bucket lists.




.

No comments: