Friday, July 20, 2018

The Estate, A Few Tweaks

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

I have not shopped this much in years.  We have hit so many internet stores and just about every major big box store in the within 50 miles of the stickbuilt.  Man keeps a running list of items we need, want, must fix or load into the unit (cause we forgot something) on his phone.  That list has grown, been fulfilled and grown again.  LOL

One of my first purchases was this sign, it seemed to fit this change/new direction in our lives.


An early change was taking the ladder to the "attic" out of The Estate, it is now in the pole barn attic.   LOL  Another fast change was removing the door to the bathroom.  Gracious, that doorway WITH a door was really horrible.  The privacy is reduced this way, but, we can get in and out of that tiny room. Man still cannot go straight out with his shoulders square to the door way, they hit.


Two other early changes were removal of the metal venetian blinds behind the stove and I hung a curtain there.  That cut down on dirty and loud noise by a huge factor.  See photo with the coffee bar photo (below).  Man found online and purchased this stove top cover, as the unit did not come with one.  With the extremely limited level counter top, every extra square inch that is flat is appreciated:


It works, it REALLY works!  Do not want to entertain the thought of living in here with out it.  There is a lift up shelf just to the left of the counter top, meant to be an extension of the counter top.  I have never liked those lift things. I suppose at some point I will find I need it, but, I know me, that dislike of that thing will cause me to try to find any way to NOT use that thing.  LOL


Noise is my enmity. (Enmity means intense hostility, the state of being an enemy.)  A lot of my energy these past weeks has been in "quiet" projects.  One was the silverware.  Along the way, I decided I wanted the silverware on top of the counter in this box thingy.  I hoped I could stuff enough in there it would not rattle.  I hoped wrong.


Soooooo, I came up with the hair brained idea of silverware sleeves. Ya, I did. That is the left over fabric from the curtain project.  Break out the sewing machine and a day and a half later I had enough sleeves to fit my 4 piece silverware set. It does work tho. Will this be the last rendition?  Who knows.


You know I am really meaning business and/or desperate when I line the frig doors and shelves with slip-not shelf liner stuff.  Ya, I did that too.  Seems to have helped, especially in the doors.




Now, I am not much for cooking, in the rig or at home.  I do so when necessary, but, it is not a "sport" I enjoy much.  However, on our "break down" cruise, I did make spaghetti.  It is possible to cook a meal with two pans, on this little stove top.  Next post I'll share Man's outdoor kitchen hack.


All that grief, errr, cooking, set aside, the stove tops becomes my coffee bar in the AM.  This photo shows the curtain that replaced those noisy metal venetian blinds.


And, again, in closing, a photo of The Estate at Port Crescent State Park on the "break down" cruise.  Yes, we are parked sideways in the lot. It was supposed to be a "flat" campsite.  HA HA HA.  Flat, mmmm, a 6 inch drop (at the minimum) is not what we consider to be flat.  LOL  So, we took advantage of the size and mobility of The Estate and thinking out of the box, we parked sideways.  We were still not level, but, we were in and other than a few minor issues, like the water running down the sink towards Man's bed when I splashed doing dishes (yes there is a hack for that, see next post), we survived quite nicely, thank you.



.

No comments: