Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Theodore Roosevelt National Park, South, Medora, North Dakota

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

AUGUST 2013

We took one day to see the south section of this national park.  


The north section is still on our bucket list.

We really enjoyed our ride through the park, looking back at the photos I note that the geology, while striking, it was also somewhat similar, but the critters.  So, join us, as we drive the loop, get out and gawk, and enjoy a lovely day at the park.

This was not far inside the park.  Love when we only go a few miles and we are already looking for places to pull off and take it all in.


Nope, it did not take me long to find prairie dogs.  Now, I know, many of ya are no fans, but, I am, and I make no excuses, they make me smile.  No, I don't know why, and I don't have to!  


Let's drive a bit further.


I took a number of panoramic photos, here is one.  These wide open expanses just beg for panoramics.  I wish you could see them on my computer screen.  SIGHHHH.  They take my breath away.


The shapes, the subtle shades:


And, of course, I found more prairie dogs.  And, of course, I took more photos of prairie dogs.  Cause, I can!   LOL


Sony does a nice job of zooming, don't you think?


Man persuades me to drive on, but, just around the corner, seriously, around the corner, wild horses.  We will see more later in our ride.  Aren't they magnificent??



Yes, another panoramic, with RED!


I believe this is considered a "bee hive", sure looks like one, a BIG one!


I have very little real understanding of the geological forces of Mother Nature that create this beauty, but, look at those thin layers of red.  Oh, my!


And, the last for this post, this glorious expanse of beauty. I am out of descriptive terms.


Next, more of the same, more critters with a surprise, a bit of flora, another panoramic, and more red, of course, all of Carol's favorite things.



.

No comments: