Monday, July 9, 2018

Coram to Lewistown Montana, Headed East

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

AUGUST 2013

We are now officially headed homeward and east.  We will drive about 300 miles, give or take a few today.  We have left Glacier behind us, farm land surrounds us.

Those that know me are fully aware that it is extremely rare for me to be up in time to catch a sunrise, but, this day, I was, I don't remember why, but, I was.  And, I was glad I was, as it was a very nice sunrise.


Near False Summit, a fun photo of a train and the mountains, even a few spots of snow left, if you look hard enough.


Somewhere between Great Falls and Armington, there was a farm, with a red barn, nice red barn.  It made for a nice photo:


Nearby, what I believe are snow fences:


When they redo roads, they take the base way down, we drove slow so as not to throw up a lot of stones on Tana.


Close to Armington, some hills.  All in all it was a pleasant ride, long, but easy driving, not much traffic.


This was near Surprise Creek Colony.  Saw so many of these we could not have counted them. Hundreds.  The next day we would see hundreds more.  Amazing.  We truly live in an expansive land.


We would stop for the night near Lewistown, and the next day we had another 300 mile day.  Sometimes ya just gotta do the hard miles.


No comments: