Friday, March 27, 2015

Cappy's Winter Sojourn 2014/15 ::Paria Station Area Utah

Copyright 2015, CABS (and Cappy) for Reflections From the Fence

Hey folks, Mommie finally let me post here on her Reflections.  Bout time!

SOOOO, this winter Mommie and Daddy have been traveling out west.  They really like it out here.  Me, well, ya, tis great when they let me ride along for day trips.  I don't like the days they leave me in my crate in Tana so much. Talk about B*O*R*I*N*G.  And, I miss Mommie and Daddy soooooo much.

OK, enough whining.  Yesterday Mommie and Daddy took me along.  They loaded my crate and some food for snacks, my leash, and off we went.

We drove east and stopped at some pretty cool places, an overlook of Wahweap (Lake Powell).  Further east we stopped at a couple of Visitors Centers, which I did not get to go into.  Bummer.

Then, we started down this really long road, to a place Mommie told me was called Paria Town Site.  Mommie and Daddy drove very slowly, it was a pretty place, and to be truthful, some of the road was a bit rough.  Jolly the truck had no trouble, but, Daddy needed to drive slow so we were not jostled (isn't that a big word for a yorkie to know - - jostled - - yorkies are very smart ya know.)

One time when Mommie and Daddy stopped I told them I really needed to sniff around (translation, I HAD to PEE!) Lookie what I found:


Mommie took another photo to show you, I could not identify the prints, but, Mommie thought, maybe a bear?? Really???  How scary is that?

Update:  Since we posted this, Mommie's friends have informed us that these are paw prints most likely are the prints of a coyote.  Whew.  Don't know bout you, but, I sure feel better!


One of our stops Daddy carried me out on this "point" so I could get a better view of those beautiful mountain things.  Mommie said there was a lot more blue in them than shows in the photos.  Mommie and Daddy REALLY loved this area, they took FOREVER to drive to the river (which they did NOT let me play in - - bummed).  They sure waxed poetic about the colors (ya, another big term for a yorkie, I told you, yorkies are brilliant!)


Truth is I had a very hard time getting Mommie and Daddy to leave the town site road so we could get on to the next adventure.  Boy, they really loved it out here.  Wonder if they love me that much.  (Mommie here - - yes, Cappy, we do love you that much!)

Next Mommie and Daddy stopped to take a hike back to something called "Toadstools".  Mommie said there was no way I could stay in Jolly, it was too warm, so, she grabbed the blue jean tote purse that Gallagher used to ride in a lot and put me in there.  Well, my, my.  I may actually like this tote purse riding.  Trouble is, it got a bit warm in there and Mommie ended up carrying me over half of the way, about a mile??  Tee hee.  I was hiking!  In Mommie's arms.

Mommie and I are discussing these Toadstool things.  She like them, I just closed my eyes cause of the bright sun. What do you think of the Toadstool?  There was another one a bit further down the hiking trail, and maybe some white ones, but, Mommie and Daddy said we had hiked enough, cause, ya know, we had to go all the way back to Jolly.


On the way back to Jolly, I studied the path closely.  Mommie gave Daddy a smile.  See, she is carrying me.  Yorkies have such a good life.


Then, Mommie actually let me down to walk a few feet.  She was careful to not let me near the edge.  Thanks Mommie, it was a ways down there, especially for a yorkie.  Tee hee, do you see Daddy's head/hat shadow?


Mommie gave me lots of drinks of water, I am special so she shared her water with me.  I can drink it right out of the bottle.  (OK, Mommie can pour it into my mouth right out of the bottle -- joint efforts!)

Well, I had a great day, I was tired and after my dinner I took a very long nap, right till breakfast time today.

It's a great life being a traveling yorkie.

(Wonder if they will take me sightseeing today??)

Cappy reporting from Page Arizona.

**MMM, Carol here - - sorry Cappy - - you cannot go today.  Sorry.





.

No comments: