Saturday, July 17, 2010

Do-Over Reward - - SURPRISE For Moi

Since Man's mother went in the assisted living facility, he has had a lot of paper work to do, some involved past relationships.  See, Man's father was married before he married Man's mother.  So we have been digging round a bit, gathering some stuff we did not have.

Truthfully, I have had some of the names of the prior wife's family, dates and such, but, well, I never played with them much.

The other night, late in the evening, tired, but of course, I sat here and decided I would snoop a bit.  I found some stuff, and found a small surprise along the way.

Prior wife's daddy is buried not 7 miles from our stick built, and it appears he died in this county.    Here is part of the entry from the cemetery book:




Call it a small reward for all that cemetery stomping I have been doing.  I believe I walked this section of this cemetery, but, did not recognize the name then.  I'll be re-visiting the cemetery soon for a photo op. 

Of course, one answer, more questions, who is Arvah and where is Esther, who is the mother of the prior wife?

Today, the Wild Ones will have our Christmas in July party.  On the way home from that momentous event, Man and I will pick up twins L & M.  We will be playing the Last Grandparent Standing game for a week.  With the temps forecast to be in the high 80s and 90's next week, we are already counting our blessings that we live near a lake and they love to swim and secondly that we have several new BlueRay discs for them to watch.  I am glad I have a few posts in the queue that I can use, think I am gonna need em!  LOL



Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

.

6 comments:

Anne Percival Kruszka said...

Very cool. Even cooler than that. See ya later.

Barbara Poole said...

Always one thing solved, and then an unknown. Knowing you, you will discover all the pieces and the puzzle will be complete. Sounds a bit like my post for tomorrow, finding something in your own back yard. Good luck.

Michelle Goodrum said...

Good luck with grandkids. They may wear you out but they keep you young at heart!

Dorene from Ohio said...

Grandpa (my dear spouse) just took our grands to their cousins' pool, so I can catch up a bit around here...
I highly recommend it for you too :)

Greta Koehl said...

Cue the Twilight Zone music! And, oh yeah, we'd kill for some weather in the 80s here....

FranE said...

I identify with the grands. Don't you love solving mysteries. I agree with Barbara