Recently Man and I were having lunch on the deck, chatting bout stuff. You know how it is, conversations start here and end there, no rhyme or reason, just remembering stories.
Back story, Man had knee trouble, surgery, off work for some time. Carol views this as opportunity to do a little home improvement project. There was this paneling on the bottom half of the kitchen walls. Brown, well, ugly paneling. Course when we removed it, there was a lot of damage to the drywall underneath. Drywallers we were not, and are not. So, something must go over all this damaged dry wall, I find this really cool looking stuff to use. I want to say it was cedar or something, did remind me somewhat of cedar shingles. It came in different widths and lengths, and you played puzzle/designer by picking and choosing where and how the pieces were placed. You left space between the pieces, giving depth to the wall. I loved it! Trouble was, it had to be applied piece by piece (who said I ever did anything easy??). We decided to apply with panel adhesive, great stuff, but slippery and each piece of cedar had to be "held" in place until the adhesive dried. So, we used number 4 finish nails for the "holding" assignment.
At some point, I believe it was one of the sons went down to the basement for something, and proclaimed, "Mmmmmmm, there is water on the floor down here."
YES there was! The short of it, was that Dead Eye, aka Carol, had put a 4 finish nail (small nail, small!!!) dead center through a "T" in the plumbing in that wall between the kitchen and the half bath. I think it was 1/4 inch pipe.
We had to pull my pretty new cedar off the wall, cut a hole INTO the dry wall and come up with a method to fix this leak.
Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
* Sabre saw image thanks to cbeasley.com
** Soldering iron and Propane torch images thanks to Sears
*** Fire extinquisher image thanks to ToysRUs