Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Tubac, Arizona, Center for Arts & the First State Park: Winter Sojourn 2014/15

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

2014

YES, early December 2014, during the Winter Sojourn 2014/15 tour.

Yes, I am still 4 years behind in my trip posts.  

Tubac, how eclectic can you get?? If you visit Tubac, you will find you can get VERY eclectic.  It is the home of Tubac Presidio State Historic Park, Arizona's first state park and home of many shops and world class galleries.  I mean, when the first photo you take of the day is this??  Well, you expect it's gonna be a lot of fun.  It is indeed more than life size!


At the state park:



Sorry, I don't remember the particulars about this - - 


There were a number of displays, history lessons in the making.  This one, I think, is worthy of sharing.  To which I say - - "Oh, my aching bones!"

This is a bed which the signage described thusly:  adobe benches covered with sheepskins and reed mats for mattresses.  Coarse woolen blankets were used for warmth on cooler nights.


And, to this, my feet go, "oh, no!".  With all the rocks and stones and gravel we walk on around this area of the country.  I would not last long with this for shoes.


The following photo was taken through the glass of the display case, and Sony did pick up some reflections from the surroundings.  It's not the best photo in the world, but, oh, my.  This is a Spanish Colonial carved wood stirrup.  OK, how cool is that??


Those of you who know one of my addictions, err, hobbies, is genealogy, you just know I was stopped in my tracks with the signage concerning this OLD thing!!  (Again, please forgive the glare and reflections, they have this, rightfully so, stored behind glass.

It said:  This is a Ossuary (a depository for human remains) OR a Tabernacle box.  It is carved and painted wood adorned with the twelve apostles.


Back outside, the flora and unique displays always get my attention.  I don't touch tho - - 


You may remember that I mentioned art - - 



A fun day. Eclectic.  



.

No comments: