Saturday, December 15, 2018

Biosphere 2, Oracle, Arizona:: Winter Sojourn 2014/15

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

2014

YES,  December 2014, during the Winter Sojourn 2014/15 tour.

Yes, I am still 4 years behind in my trip posts. 


This day trip was extremely enjoyable, and educational.  Surely, I don't remember all the science, but, I came away impressed.

After you pull off the highway, it's a bit of a drive in, nice view:


Putting Sony to work, a panoramic:


After parking Jolly, on the walk into the facility, I was entertained by this little fellow.  He was not going to make it easy for me, but, I do like the photo.  Thank you Sony zoom.


I took quite a few photos of the facility, I found it interesting, artistically, with a side of sculpture/art.


This is the door you enter the Biosphere through, sorta spaceship like.  LOL


Vegetables grown in hydroponics, I have grown my houseplants in hydroponics, it works and it is clean, no dirt.


Not sure what this is looking into, but, I do like this photo, even if it is a little off center.


The next three photos are taken in the greenhouse area.  The humidity was very very high and it shows in each of these photos.  They are not out of focus or badly processed, just that mist/humidity.




In another section of the greenhouse, it was much more arid, that's some version of a yucca, in full bloom.


Another bird to entertain me, living in this arid greenhouse area.  And, no, the thorns do not bother the birds at all.


A final shot as we head back to camp.



No comments: