Tuesday, January 23, 2018

"Feeding the Ducks"

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Back in 2013, I started writing the weekly meme,  "The Book of Me, Written By You".  I did not finish the challenge, I did save the prompts, this is one.  That said - - You too can be part of this experiment/experience, there is more information here, and at this Facebook page.  The beauty of this kind of challenge/meme, is that you can write when you want, think about it, not publish, and go back to it years later and contemplate it all over again.


Prompt 37 . This week's prompt is - Feeding the Duck

Think back to your childhood. Did you feed the ducks?  Not that I remember.
(Balance of questions not answered, as they did not apply or I chose to ignore.)

That said, I do remember my dad coming home from hunting trips, duck and goose hunting.  (Ya, I went there.)

Dad in the middle, his hunting buddies on right and left.  This, I believe was about 1960ish.  It is a polaroid photo, see the left side, tell tale perforations.

I suppose someone ate duck and goose, but, I don't remember doing so.  Nope.





.

2 comments:

Joan said...

I don't have photos, but I do remember the duck/goose hunts, the cleaning and plucking. Things seem so placid and sanitary now --- but how I loved those days when the skies were grey, weather cold, and bundled up, a hunting we would go.

Carol said...

Joan, what wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing!