Back in 2013, I started writing the weekly meme, "The Book of Me, Written By You". I did not finish the challenge, but, I have the prompts saved, and hope that maybe soon, I can address more of them. I really need to spend a lot more time here at Reflections. That said - - You too can be part of this experiment/experience, there is more information here, and at this Facebook page.
I may or may not publicly share what I write each week.
This weeks prompt is a recognized psychology test: Ask yourself 20 times “Who are you?” Each time you should give yourself a different answer, and if you can easily go beyond 20 entries then that is fine too. This prompt is about how YOU see YOU.
What you will see here, are my responses from 2013. On review, I felt many were still fairly accurate, maybe even right on. And, some were not, 5 years after all is a lot of days, a lot of events, a lot of changes. You will also see some "line outs" with new, 2018, responses written afterwards. To compare - - -
Here we go, I am:
1.) Woman, and all that entails! You figure it out! LOL
2.) Wife, mother, sister, child, grandmother, mother-in-law, family member.
3.) Lover of antiques and family heirlooms.
4.) Diabetic, I call it the Demon. I think it is spot on descriptive.
5.) RVer! See # 19 and # 20.
6.) Family researcher.
7.) Teller of stories, some true, others??? You be the judge.
8.) Verbose and one who is frequently accused of being an exaggerator. Admit readily to verbose. Not so readily admit to exaggerator, even if it is true.
9.) Wanna be photographer. Frustrated artist.
* 2018 . OK, lots has changed in 5 years on the political front. And, so have I. I may have reverted to my youth, the anger of the 1960's and 1970's. Those hippy days. Only now, I have something I had little of in the 60's and 70's. Time. Time to research. And, something else I did not have. The internet. And, for those who are friends over on Facebook, I have rants and opinions, which I have on occasion shared on my personal wall and in discussions on others walls. (Just once or twice, mind you - - tongue in cheek - - sarcasm intended.)
11.) Lover of color, bold color is best. Purple is the bestest of all!
12.) Lover of yorkshire terriors, yorkies.
* 2018 . Since I wrote the first time, we lost several of our fur kids, and have a new one, Winston. He has his own Facebook page, Winston's Wonderful Wanderings.
13.) Badger, as in tenacious. Not a quitter.
* 2018. Not sure this still applies, at least not full strength. It's been a tough few years. I think the badger has a weird sense of humor, just sayin.
14.) Strong believer in volunteerism, believing strongly in giving back and paying it forward. (Thank those that volunteer and give it more than 1000%. Thank them again.)
* 2018. For now, I have resigned from almost all of my volunteer jobs. There are days, I am so sorry that I am not in a place right now that I can help others as I used to. HOWEVER, I still value those that volunteer and help others. Special people those volunteers, and done with so much love. Thank you always!
15.) Your true blue friend, but, as a personality flaw, don't lie to me, cause, I then I will have trouble continuing being your true blue friend. Yep, HUGE personality flaw. I can take the truth, even ugly truth, I don't do lies.
* 2018. Also not a fan of sexual predators, bullies and racists. Stated in no particular order. See # 10, above.
16.) Lover of techy, hater of techy.
* 2018 . The computer these days is a Mac. I went to the other side.
17.) Sometimes a gardener, must have my house plants with me, even when we travel.
*2018 . I am finding I am a fan of orchids. Who knew?? I just purchased another, if I had more room in Tana - - - - - there were two at the store I went wild over - - -
18.) Crafter, sometimes, sorta.
*2018, mmmmm. even less than 2013.
19.) Lover of water, ponds, lakes, oceans, waterfalls. Especially waterfalls.
* 2018 OK, I still love waterfalls, but, I have become more and more enamored with mountains. Particularly, mountains in the west. The more time we have been blessed to visit the west during winters, the more I love mountains. Make em red and you have me heart and soul!
20.) Lover of history, small town USA, peanut butter, U.S. National Parks, state parks cross the nation, peanut butter, (ooo, said that one already), libraries, archives.
* 2018 I am a supporter of the Alt National Park movement. See # 10 above . Yes, again!
All this and more, some call me brave and adventurous, but, don't be taking me on a tram, especially the one in Palm Springs California.
*Graphic found somewhere on the internet several years ago, source data long lost.
** I find it interesting, and weird, that the first part of the list, basically remained the same. When I got down to # 10, stuff started morfing. Hmmmm???