Saturday, January 13, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 2: "Favorite Photo"

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

2018, and I have expressed interest in Amy Johnson Crow's "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks project.  Then, I thought, Oh, my! WHY??  Well, partly because it's a great project.  Partly because I really am interested in keeping this blog alive, instead of gasping for breath.  At this point, due to the ongoing consolidation project and other stuff (like horrible and slow internet connectivity), the posts may be "short and sweet".  Well, short, anyway.

So, the second challenge is "Favorite Photo",

So, I have lots of favorite photos, but, I will restrain myself.

This photo may be my all time fav.  Until I find another.  LOL


Above, Monument Valley, my office view, taken out of the window at my desk in Tana.  I seriously, could have stayed right there, in that campsite at that window, oohing and ahhing at this view for months.  

However, since this is supposed to be a genie type challenge, I shall nominate this photo.  It is not an ancestor, but, my descendants, the grand twins.  They are sitting in the "ancestor" part of the story.  


Above, the Whitmer cradle.  Crafted around 1900 by Sellestine Whitmer.  He made it for his daughter, Ida Matilda Whitmer Halterman. Ida was expecting her first child. It is solid walnut.  

Five generations have slept in this cradle.  I have photographic proof of three, Moi, at least 2 of my sons and my grandtwins, as seen above.  I have blogged about it several times in the past. If you are interested, I direct you to the search box (top left of this blog) and type in Whitmer Cradle.



#52ancestors

.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

i don't have a cradle that old but I do have the little crib on wheels that my mother and her siblings and my cousins and my children and some of my grandchildren slept in. I don't think I have a good photo though.

Carol said...

Get that camera smoking Kristin, I know you are a good photographer.

Thanks for reading.