Thursday, July 6, 2017

The Show Dog Experience:: Memories

Copyright 2017, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Back in 1999 and 2000 I had the learning experience of showing our Captain Hook in the show ring.  He was about 9 months old.  He hated the judges. Oooopsie.  He had a nice long flowing coat even at that young age, I thought he had a cute wiggle trot to show that coat off.  Alas, his coat was not the quality of the Champions, and, well, he had the most tarter on his teeth of any dog that age I have ever seen. And, there was that hating the judge issue. Now, this is not a whining/rant session. Nope, I am not complaining. Those faults ended up with Man and I being the caretakers of such a sweet dog.

So, why share this little episode of my life now?  Ahhh, blame it on that consolidation project.  I found his "ribbons" late last night.  Or, most of them.  I am not sure that I have not "misplaced" one or two.  (Happens)

So, I decided to write a quick post, show off his all blue ribbons. As there were never any other little boy puppies in his age class, he was awarded blue each show.  Easy peasy. When it became evident that he did not have the spunk and heart required to be an outstanding show competitor we stopped his show career.  It was a great learning experience that I have never regretted. 


After hours of grooming, when he was in his prime, our Captain Hook, CH, Cappy:


Memories.



.

No comments: