Tuesday, May 24, 2016

RIP Tommy, He Really Lived the Dash!

Copyright 2016, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

One of our sweet daughter-in-laws lost her father late last week.  Man and I had only met Tommy a few times, briefly.  We never got to know Tommy very well.

There are many types of grief and sadness.  Today, I feel sadness that I did not get to know this quiet gentle man better.  I know I have missed a great opportunity to learn from him.

He lived that dash, you know, the dash between the date of birth and the date of death.

He excelled at his academic years, partaking of many activities offered by his college.  He served his country well. He raised two gorgeous spectacular daughters.  His step children appeared to have adored him.  His funeral was very well attended.  The church was packed.

Yes, Tommy really lived the dash.  RIP Tommy, RIP.




.

No comments: